Sunday, May 6, 2012

30 Days of Hairstyles for Straight Natural Hair


I just straightened my own hair today but I do not want to wear it down.  So I thought to myself “What should I do?"

 

I’m going to challenge myself to 30 days of hairstyles.  Yes, you read it correctly…30 days…30 hairstyles.  From May 7th to June 5th I will post updo styles, pinup styles,  and curled styles to show how versatile straightened natural hair can be.  

I was inspired by Hair Romance and her challenge/book titled “30 Days of Twist & Pin Hairstyles” so I decided to do my own challenge but with natural hair.

I usually keep my natural hair straight for 4 weeks or 30 days so this will be a nice experiment and a lesson in protective styling.  It will also motivate me to post everyday!  I hope this provides you with some natural motivation when it comes to styling.  Make sure to visit Natural Hair Romance on Pinterest, Facebook , and Twitter.

What is your favorite style to wear on straight natural hair?

8 comments:

  1. I have not managed to keep my natural hair straight for longer than a day or 2 but I am interested in your challenge. Can't wait to see your styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! When I first got my hair straightened, it only stayed straight for like 5 days...lol and the "poof" came. I did some research on YouTube about keeping natural hair straighter, longer. And the tips have worked ever since. I also have a moisturizing technique so that it does not revert back.

      Delete
  2. This is a great challenge. I did a 30 day challenge on my locs, but I didn't get pics each day. I may not get to join you on this challenge, but I will follow it. Thank you so much for sharing. Have fun with this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I will do my best to enjoy this 30 day journey! Many of the styles will be PS as well so I expect some growth (fingers crossed). I wish that I could see pics of your loc challenge...that would have been so awesome.

      Delete
  3. I'm look forward 2 c pic. I haven't had a relaxer in 11 month and also press my hair every other wk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Dottie...I have some pics already posted...Day 3 will be up very soon! I hope you join the blog or facebook page for updates.

      Are you transitioning to natural?

      Delete
  4. I've always been to afraid to try to straighten my natural hair myself. What kind of flat iron do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  5. i share the link this is very good i always use this site for my kids and my self you can go and check the latest hairstyles,haircuts and some great information and put it into your blog that is very helpful for you.hope you like this site.
    Toddler Boys Haircuts

    ReplyDelete