Breakage can prevented with proper protein and moisture balance. We also need to be gentle with our hair (“treat it like fine silk”). I have been doing some research about treatments that can really add moisture to the hair.
I came across coconut milk treatments and was very intrigued by its moisturizing properties so I decided to try it out for a month. I’m using the treatment below to rehydrate my natural mane and add a boost of moisture!
Coconut Milk Protein Hair Treatment
The moisturizing qualities of the ingredients, especially the coconut milk, will revive even the most damaged hair. This treatment can be used up to 3 times a week or just once a week.
You can even turn this into a protein treatment by adding mayonnaise and even some honey! This can be used 1 to 2 times a month for wonderful results.
3 Tbsp conditioner (a Suave conditioner)
2 cups coconut milk (depend on length of hair)
1 Tbsp amla oil (any oil) – optional
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a fork until combined.
- Apply to dry or wet hair prior to shampooing. This process can get a bit messy…lol.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes with heat or 2 to 3 hours without heat. You can even leave it on overnight under a shower cap or plastic bag.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Shampoo as usual. Do not use a clarifying shampoo because it will undo the conditioning that you just spend hours achieving L
- Try to avoid using blow dryers and other styling equipment.
End result…..soft, shiny, and moisturized hair. Enjoy.
What moisturizing treatments do you use?